Prophetic Action: Christians Convening for Palestine
Thursday, September 27 – Friday, September 28, 2018 St. Paul, Minnesota
We will be updating this page regularly so please check back for more details.
Thursday, September 27
Welcome (1:00 pm)
Tarek Abuata, Reverend Jim Bear Jacobs, and the Clergy Council co-conveners.
"Prophetic Resistance, Priestly Response" (1:30 pm)
Keynote by Reverend Traci Blackmon, Executive Minister of Justice and Local Church Ministries for the United Church of Christ.
Liberative Theologies (2:00 pm)
Reverend Jim Bear Jacobs, Reverend Traci Blackmon, Rabbi Jessica Rosenberg, Maytha Alhassen, and Tarek Abuata. Moderated by Ashleigh Zimmerman.
Activating Faith: Avenues for Realizing Justice (3:45 pm)
Reverend Dave Grishaw-Jones, Dale Loepp, Linda Kateeb, Reverend Nyle Fort, and Reverend Diane Dulin.
Workshop Session 1 (5:00 pm)
Dinner and Networking (6:30pm)
Friday, September 28
Liberation Theology Bible Study (8:00 am)
Facilitated by Marie-Claire Claussen.
Plenary Session: Centering Palestinian Voices (9:00 am)
Omar Haramy (Sabeel Jerusalem), and Lara Kiswani (Arab Resource and Organizing Center).
Workshop Session 2 (10:45 am)
PlenrySession: Activating Faith: Living Liberation Theologies—Growth Edges (1:30 pm)
Reverend Emily Brewer, Taher Herzallah (American Muslims for Palestine), and Sandra Tamari (Adalah Justice Project). Moderated by Bob Ross.
Workshop Session 3 (2:45 pm)
Closing (4:15 pm)
- Understanding linkages between Militarization and Criminalization from Palestine to the United States, Church Roles in Municipal Campaigns with Reverend Nyle Fort
- From White Saviorism to Collective Liberation with Anna Baltzer and Tarek Abuata
- What’s Happening in Seminaries? with Clergy Council co-conveners
- No Way to Treat a Child: A Model for Congressional Advocacy with Linda Kateeb and Paula Roderick
- Five Steps to an HP-Free Church with Reverend Dave Grishaw Jones
- Confronting Zionism in Interfaith Dialogue with Reverend John Anderson and Reverend Chad Collins
- Theft and Dispossession in Joint Struggle with Addie Domske and Ashleigh Zimmerman
- Defining a Justice Church: from Denominational Decision to Congregational Action with Tarek Abuata
Don'tTalk about Palestine: Effective Messaging with IMEU with the Institute for Middle East Understanding
Meeting of PIN Leadership Network closed
Meeting of the Clergy and Seminary Action Council closed
Can’t wait to see you there!