Make Your Church HP-Free
HP is commonly known for its brand of computers, printers, and ink cartridges.
However, many people are unaware of the essential role HP companies play in the illegal occupation of Palestine and violations of Palestinian human rights.
- HPE* provides servers to the State of Israel for its population registry. IDs that are issued based on this registry determine what level of rights Israeli citizens have. Under this system, Jewish citizens have more rights than non-Jewish citizens, and non-Jewish citizens have more rights than Palestinian citizens.
- HP Inc. is the exclusive provider of computers to the Israeli military, which carries out the occupation of Palestine, including the West Bank and East Jerusalem, as well as maintaining the brutal siege of the Gaza Strip.
- HPE provides servers and technology used in Israeli prisons. In Israeli prisons, Palestinians from all walks of life, including children, are frequently tortured and detained without charge.
- Israel’s prison system is used to suppress Palestinian political activity, and to stifle opposition to its policies. By helping Israel run its prisons, HP is at the heart of Israel’s use of mass incarceration to undermine Palestinian opposition to apartheid.
Support human rights and go HP free!
Reach out to your pastor, church council and congregation to encourage your church to sign the HP Free Church pledge, committing to not buy HP computers, printers, inks, and other products until HP stops profiting from occupation and human rights violations. Contact our National Organizer for support at email@example.com.
Together, let’s make oppression unprofitable.
*In 2015 Hewlett Packard Co. split into two corporations: HP Inc. (consumer goods) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise, HPE, (corporate services). Both continue to profit through contracts with the state of Israel and Israeli military and both continue to profit from the HP brand name.
Five steps you can take to make your church HP-Free
1. Sign up and you will receive our HP-Free Campaign Kit: Exclusive resources to use in your congregation, including a pre-made presentation, presentation notes, and downloadable handouts and fact sheets for you to print out and distribute.
2. Talk to others in your church to gauge interest. Speak with your pastor or members of your congregation about the issue. Print out handouts from our campaign kit and table at your church.
3. Hold educational events. You could host a town hall, a film screening, or a guest from our Palestinian speakers list, or do a presentation in your church so people can learn more and ask questions.
4. Formally present the idea. Hold a vote or have a meeting to decide on the issue.
5. Sign our pledge! Let us know you’ve become HP-free here!
If you'd like to pledge to boycott Hewlett-Packard (HP) as an individual, you can do so here.