A Peacemaker's Pilgrimage to the Holy Land
Led by the Rev. Richard Blackburn, executive director of Lombard Mennonite Peace Center
- Jerusalem: Mount of Olives, Mount Zion, the Old City, Via Dolorosa, and much more ..
- Bethlehem: Church of the Nativity, Shepherd's Fields, Sabeel, Ecumenical Liberation Theology Center, Christian Peacemaker Teams in Hebron, Diyar Consortium, the ministries founded by Rev. Mitri Raheb, Wi'am, the
Palestinian Conflict Resolution Center.
- Galilee: Mount Tabor, Nazareth, Church of the Multiplication of the Loaves, Church of the Primacy of Peter and other sites, including a boat ride on the Sea of Galilee and much more .. ..
In addition to visiting the important pilgrimage sites, where there will be regular opportunities for worship and devotional reflection, the trip will include:
- Visits to various peacemaking ministries in the Holy Land and with Palestinian Christians working for peace
- Teaching sessions on the Israeli-Palestinian conflict, biblical peacemaking, conflict transformation, and church leadership from a family systems perspective
- Devotional reflections on the iconography related to the pilgrimage sites being visited as found in Christian art from the Early Christian and Byzantine eras, the Middle Ages, the Renaissance, and Baroque era
All travel arrangements by Lightline Pilgrimages North America, including:
- Airline reservations, all airport departure taxes, passenger taxes, entrance fees, gratuities, English speaking guide
- Accommodation with private bath/shower at Christian-run hotels, most meals, travel in modern coaches, etc.