Come and See Witness Trip
We extend a warm invitation to join this cross-cultural encounter. View the holy sites and visit with people passionately involved in peacemaking. Please join us on this unforgettable journey! The deadline to sign-up is April 1, 2019.
- Visit the holy sites in the Old City of Jerusalem: the Western Wall, the Church of the Holy Sepulcher, and the Dome of the Rock.
- Experience the realities of the Palestinian community living under Israeli occupation: the wall, settlements, checkpoints, confiscated land and demolished homes, refugee camps, and environmental degradation.
- Visit the Sabeel Ecumenical Liberation Theology Center in Jerusalem.
- Meet with Palestinian groups such as the Tent of Nations, Lutheran projects in Bethlehem, Badil Center for Refugee Rights, the Alrowwad Theater in the Aida Refugee Camp, Stop the Wall, and Al-Haq Human Rights Center in Ramallah.
- Meet with Israeli groups like B’Tselem, the Israeli Information Center for Human Rights in the Occupied Territories, and Zochrot, which raises awareness of the Palestinian villages destroyed in 1948.
- Visit the site of a destroyed Palestinian village in Israel and learn about the loss of civil and property rights currently experienced by Palestinians with Israeli citizenship.
- Travel to a Bedouin village in the Negev Desert and hear of their struggles.
- Spend two nights in the Galilee and visit Nazareth, the Mount of Beatitudes, and the Sea of Galilee.
- Tour Nablus in the heart of the West Bank including the Old City and Jacob’s well.
- Meet with the Christian Peacemaker Team in Hebron, and visit the Ibrahimi Mosque, honored by Jews and Muslims as the burial place of Abraham and Sarah.
Arnie Voigt is a Lutheran minister and serves on the planning committee for Friends of Sabeel–Colorado. He has visited Palestine and Israel many times and has led numerous tour groups. This is the ninth trip that Arnie and Joy are organizing together.
Joy Lapp teaches religion and ethics at Iowa Wesleyan University. She spent three years in the Middle East working with Mennonite Central Committee and serves on the steering committee of the Mennonite Palestine Israel Network (MennoPIN).
Get more information:
Arnie Voigt: (303) 218-8122 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Joy Lapp: (720) 201-3697 or email@example.com